Français? Pssst, la version croissant-jambon-beurre se trouve ici : Version française
Based in Lille, France
April 12th 2018 (PC/Mac)
July 11th 2019 (Nintendo Switch)
19,99$/19,99€ (PC/Mac versions)
27.99$/27.99€/24.99£ (Nintendo Switch Version – True Viking Edition, including all the DLCs)
Spanish (Latin America)
DEAD IN VINLAND is a survival/management indie game with RPG and adventure elements, and is the sequel of DEAD IN BERMUDA.
Exiled on a faraway, unknown land, lead Eirik and his family on their quest to survive.
Manage their physical and mental health, explore the island, organize your camp and deal with other human beings. Some will help you, if you want, and some will be less docile…
Unveil the esoteric mysteries of Vinland. They could save your life… or lead you to your demise.
- Deep survival management simulation: find and gather resources, secure a supply of food, take care of the mental and physical health of your characters, fight diseases and wounds, ration your water supplies, endure the elements (storm, drought, rain…)
- Challenging: the game is turn-based so you have time to take the best decisions, but the challenge is high! You’ll have to adapt to the crisis the game throws at you, with your own reasoning.
- 3 modes of difficulty: if you just want to enjoy the story, we added an easy mode and, for the crazy lunatics, we added both an extreme difficulty and iron man mode, that even the developers of the game can’t beat!
- Build your camp: expand your shelter with 18 activity stations, each one with its own mechanics. Craft more than 130 upgrades and dozens of items to give you precious bonuses. Choose well, you won’t be able to craft everything.
- Manage a community: 14 playable characters, each one with their own strengths, flaws and stories. Influence how their relationships evolve with meaningful dialog choices, achieve one of the 7 possible romances or kick annoying characters from your camp and recruit new ones. And some surprises!
- Explore the island: 150 areas to discover with hundreds of objects to interact with. Unveil the many secrets of the island and its beautiful, hand-painted landscapes.
- Don’t just survive, settle: you can hunt, harvest, fish… but you can also grow a garden and breed sheep! Advanced camp stations with special mechanics.
- Live your own adventure: complete 70 non-linear quests to reach the end of the game. Depending on your choices, learn about what happened to your characters after the end.
- Animosity and tribute system : be “welcomed” by the infamous tyrant Björn Headcleaver and his merry band of robbers. Bend the knee and pay him weekly tributes, or rebel… and face the consequences.
- Full RPG system: 5 health states to care for, 20 skills to develop, more than 600 character traits, 100 items to collect, 30 diseases and 20 wounds to die from… Customize your characters: choose from 5 randomly generated special traits every time they level up.
- Turn-based tactical combat: quick and deadly 3 vs 3 battles against Björn’s minions. 5 unique playable character classes, each with its own set of fighting skills, and 5 passive classes.
- HUGE content: more than 150 000 words – twice the size of the first Harry Potter book – telling a mature yet humorous story.
DEAD IN WHAT?
- The « Dead in » series
DEAD IN VINLAND is the spin-off/sequel of Dead In Bermuda, released on PC in 2015. We intend to make a series of games about survival, where you manage a team of characters in a hostile environment, with narrative and RPG elements. We iterate on the gameplay genre we created (a mix of management mechanics and strong narratives) and evolve from one title to the next, in terms of content, features, quality, and narration.
All the « Dead in » games are tied together by a backstory, a mystery that will be unveiled ltitle by little in each game, revolving around the mysterious Atlantean civilization. With this background, we can have games that take place in any time period or place (we already have plans to make a “Dead in Space”, and more).
In terms of tone, all of our games are on the melancholic side, with light-hearted humor despite mature concerns, and set in a realistic setting with “strange”, “weird” elements, with esoterical meaning. The Twin Peaks TV series is a definitive inspiration for us.
As for Dead in Vinland, the inspiration came after a meaningful roadtrip around Iceland, and learning about its colonization, its sagas, its folktales.
- Dead in Vinland
In this sequel/spin off we explore further all the survival mechanics you can think of: water, weather, depression, … Even the relationships with a tyrant, and the hope of a rebellion.
The main focus in DEAD IN VINLAND is the idea of “living together”, and the evolving relationships between characters inside a group.
Finally, we added a “colonization” feeling to the game. In this one, the characters want to set up their new life on this island, so their mindset is quite different than just waiting for oblivion
CCCP is a small french development studio. For a dozen years, we’ve kept on surviving by making educational games, but now we want to focus on making games that we’d like to play ourselves, especially MANAGEMENT and RPG games, with NARRATIVE elements. We want to make CHALLENGING and MEANINGFUL SOLO, PREMIUM games, where the player has to THINK and DISCOVER by himself.
Playdius is an up-and-coming French independent video game publisher, with the mission to market a selection of handpicked games across platforms, which deserve recognition for their creativity and originality.
Dead In Vinland CREDITS
Matthieu Richez – Lead Game Designer
Morgane Lainard – Game Designer
Christophe Gey – Game Designer
Valentine Ferrandin – Additional Game Design
Thomas Pattou – Lead Programmer
Raoul Bernard – Gameplay Programmer
Thomas Bourdon – Additional Programming
Jacques Dedeken – Lead Artist
Manon Bertin – 2D Artist
Bruno Laverny – Communication
Claire Konieczka – Communication
Manon Boderé – Translation
Original Soundtrack by Xavier Collet
Audio Production by Game Audio Factory
Publishing by Playdius